April 2 2014
These Terms of Service form a legal agreement between you and Maranello Engineering Srl. Please review these Terms of Service in their entirety before deciding whether to accept them and continue with the purchase.
BY PURCHASING MERCHANDISE, GOODS OR SERVICES YOU AGREE TO BE SUBJECT TO THESE TERMS OF SERVICE.
By adhering to these Terms of Service you represent you are 18 years old (or such other age at which majority is reached in your country) or older.
Seller: Maranello Engineering Srl located in via Verga 12, 41053 Maranello (Modena) - Italy. Customer: the user who buys products or services from the seller.
3. Goods damaged or lost during transport
In any case of damage, loss or theft during the transportation of sent goods, the Seller will refund the Customer an amount not exceeding the amount granted by the terms of the carrier:
- If the purchased goods are sent via an insured shipping service, the Customer upon receipt must, in his own interest, carefully inspect the packaging and content and if damage is found or suspected, he must refuse the withdrawal filling out a form which will be provided by the carrier;
- If the Customer opts for uninsured shipping, he takes charge of the consequent risks. The seller is not liable for loss or damage of goods sent through uninsured shipping modalities.
4. Return Policy
According to the Italian Legislative Decree n. 185/99 our customers have the right of withdrawal, i.e. to return the purchased product and be refunded of the sustained cost, within 10 days of receipt of goods under the following conditions:
- This right is reserved exclusively for individuals (consumers), and can not be exerted by legal persons and individuals acting for purposes possibly related to professional reasons;
The right of withdrawal does not apply to the provision of goods made on design or clearly customized or which by their nature, can not be returned or are likely to deteriorate.
Note: the SGM engines, being goods assembled on request, fall into this category;
- The withdrawal must be requested by registered letter with return receipt, stating the purchase order number. A refund can also be requested in advance by telegram, fax or e-mail. In any case, a registered letter with return receipt must follow within 2 days.
- Having received authorization to return and within 10 days, the customer must return the goods, integer and in the original package, sending them to the address that will be notified. Shipping costs are sustained by the customer. The goods must be returned in perfect condition, new, still sealed in the package when present. It is customer responsibility to take the necessary precautions so that the goods are not damaged during the transport;
- upon receipt of products, they will be examined and if satisfying the above conditions, the money will be refunded within 30 days net of shipping costs. Warning: the right of withdrawal lapses, and therefore no money will be refunded, in case the original package is missing, in the absence of accessory parts of the product, in the event of any damage including those due to transportation, and if the goods are used, incomplete, imperfect, or sealed packages have been opened.
Because of the nature of the supplied goods, their destination and their typical usage,
requests for repair or replacement under warranty will be evaluated on a case by case basis
and may be accepted or rejected at the discretion of Maranello Engineering.
If in the first period of usage of a product that you purchased from Maranello Engineering,
defects, malfunctions, breakages or other problems are experienced that you think are due
to a manufacturing defect, and not due to your error
(including but not limited to, incorrect carburation , overheating, abuse, incorrect installation,
modification unauthorized or not executed in accordance with best practice, insufficient lubrication,
air filter missing or inadequate, infrequent servicing,
excessively prolonged use before replacement, etc.),
please contact us, describe the problem and only after authorization,
return the alleged defective parts to be inspected to the address that will be notified.
If the defect is acknowledged, the parts will be either repaired, replaced
or refunded depending on what will be deemed most appropriate by Maranello Engineering.
Shipping costs for sending and returning the parts are sustained by the customer.
Refunds or replacements shall apply only to defective parts
and not to other parts which may have been damaged
as a result of the failure of the defective parts.
Exception: all SGM products are subject to the warranty conditions of the manufacturer. All requests for assistance related to SGM products will be forwarded to SGM that can accept or reject in its sole discretion, and possibly manage according to the time and modality that will be considered most appropriate.
Maranello Engineering is not responsible for any loss, missed earnings or other moral, economic or material damage caused directly or indirectly to people, animals or things by proper or improper usage of its provided products and services. By using the provided goods the customer agrees to take charge of full responsibility of any possible consequence of their use. Maranello Engineering sells its products worldwide and road traffic regulations differ from State to State: it is the customer responsibility to use the products according the rules of the State he is located in. In case a certain product is not allowed for public road usage, such product shall be considered for race use only. Maranello Engineering is not responsible for any infringement committed by its customers.
Maranello Engineering doesn't take charge of any responsibility for inefficiency due to force majeure such as accidents, explosions, fires, strikes, earthquakes, floods or other similar events which prevented, in whole or in part, to implement the contract within the agreed deadline, nor to damages, losses and costs incurred by the customer as a result of the missed deadline due to the causes mentioned above, having solely the right to be refunded the price paid.
Maranello Engineering at no time of the purchase procedure is in a position to know the number of your credit card as it is transmitted via a secure connection directly to the manager of the banking service and therefore not in any way responsible for any misuse and abuse that can be done by a third party to credit cards or other means of payment.
All prices listed on this site are net of VAT. This business operates internationally so taxes and shipping costs are determined on a case by case basis, after the order confirmation.
The court of Modena (MO) - Italy has exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes relating to the terms and conditions mentioned above and the Italian law on the subject do apply.